Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Room 8 Sailing

 On May 10th of 2021 (Monday) we traveled across to Okahu Bay in a comfortable bus to learn sailing. I felt lots of emotions on the journey but mostly nervous and excited.

Here we are listening to our instructor explaining how to get our boat ready for sailing and being safe. Our Instructor told us to attach the sail and other different parts of our boats to make the sail go up. My sailing buddy and I didn't have a problem after we'd done it a second time.

This was our first try.

This was our second try and now the sail can work properly.




Our boat was the Yellow 5, my sailing buddy and I had trouble balancing our boat. Capsized!


This was not our boat!
There was a lot of laughter and screaming. My sailing buddy and I screamed a lot just because we kept crashing into other boats. Classmates got wet but not harmed during our sailing - the water was shallow and we were wearing our life jackets.
Thank you St. Johns Rotary and Yachting New Zealand for sponsoring and inspiring us to have fun learning to sail. I had a wonderful experience sailing for the 1st time in my life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment