Pages

Sunday 1 December 2019

Roald Dahl's Information

                   Roald Dahl's Information
He was born on (September 13th 1916)

He died in the age of 74 years old in November 23rd 1990

He has been referred to as "One of the greatest storytellers for children of the 20th century".

Dahl's short stories are known for their unexpected endings, and his children's books for their unsentimental, macabre, often darkly comic mood, featuring villainous adult enemies of the child characters.

He works for children include: James and the giant peach, Charlie and the chocolate factory, The BFG, The Witches, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Matilda, The Twits and George's Marvelous Medicine. His Adult works include  Tale of the Unexpected.Roald Dahl

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chadwick,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before? This year I am so excited that I get to read & reply to the Manaiakalani blogs, last year I was in the Kaikohekohe cluster. So this is my second year with the Summer Learning Journey! I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends.
    I also love taking my dog for walks although only in the early mornings or late evenings as it is getting quite warm! What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really love the effort that you have put into creating this post, you have even included a picture of Royal Dahl! Adding relevant photos to your blog post keeps us interested, I am sure your peers will agree.

    In the future please make sure you are completing what the activity is actually asking you so you are eligible for full points :) The activity is asking you to write a character description of the BFG using your descriptive words. In future you would need to edit this post to get the points, but since this is teaser week it is all about learning. What would you do differently next time?

    But keep up your awesome posts Ben, can’t wait to read more!

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete